Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Wednesday, hushed

It is a rainy morning in Chicago. I drink coffee and listen to the cars shushing past my home. I can tell when the light at the corner changes; the sound shifts from a whisper to what sounds like titans pushing around great columns of water. The trucks make a deeper sound, somewhere between elephant and sled dog, translated into water.

Yesterday morning was the first Tuesday of the month, and at ten a.m. an air raid siren cut through the quiet as it always does on the first Tuesday. There are rhythms here, there is music for those who are listening.

I drink my coffee and listen. Soon I will put on music and brush against the day more actively. But for now, I will listen passively, and wonder if the sounds of wet streets can tell me anything about the cars and trucks themselves, the people within them, their destinations.

8 comments:

JoAnne Wagner said...

That sound quite wonderful for some reason.

Unknown said...

It's sad that a lot of people don't take the time to notice the little things..this post was beautiful

Unknown said...

Some times I am having the same problems in Istanbul real estate

Accessory Designer said...

this post is really nice , you share this that why we learn like this . I am an ordinary Accessory Designer and I am thankful to you for this kind of informative post.
thanks for sharing

Armed Security Guard Service india said...

very interesting and very informative article and nice blog. thanks for sharing,

Anonymous said...

Good blog

Anonymous said...

Chicogo Morning............
good

Anonymous said...

Drink coffee in rainy chicago morning....awesome